Welcome to Ugliest CSS!
A way to learn to collaborate on github and show off your skills for some seriously unappealing CSS!
Have you wanted to learn to use github, but didn't have a simple project to work on?
Have you wanted to try to collaborate with someone but didn't know where to find a project that you felt comfortable working on because you are new to coding?
Well, look no futher! Ugliest CSS is here to help!
- Go to Ugliest CSS github repo (See the readme that is posted there for further guidance).
- Only the CSS will be ugly! Only submit code that is valid and properly styled. The following styleguides will be enforced:
- How to edit/contribute:
Other ways to contribute:
- In the CSS folder, name your file [your_github_username].css
- Add a link below:
- Copy one of the links, include the li tags too.
- Paste the line of code where your github username would go alphabetically
- Change the text in the single quotes to the name of your css file. onclick="changeCSS('default.css', 0);" - in this example change 'default.css' to 'github_username.css'
- On the same line, change the link name to your github username, in this example change the word Default.
- Create your masterpiece!
- NOTE: there is a bug that needs to be worked out: currently, only the default css will update on refresh. While you are working, you may need to change line 6 in index.html from default.css to your file name. Please be sure to change it back to default before subitting a pull request.
- Commit often!
- Always be sure to include a commit message every time you commit!
- When you are ready, make a pull request.
- You can update your CSS at any time. Also, consider collaborating with someone else; the possibilities are endless!
- Update the README with the steps you took and include any helpful links.
- Update the instructions on this page and include whatever html that is appropriate.
- Go to The github issues and submit issues, as needed. You can request features, point out bugs, or bring up anything else about the project there!